Barry is a relative “new-comer” to the Bay Area and Bay Area basketball. He arrived here in the late ’70′s bringing his Philadelphia roots and passion for the game along. Barry and his wife Marcie have a daughter and a son who have graduated Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo and UCLA respectively.
An executive search consultant, career strategist and career development coach by day, Barry began coaching the game he majored in school to coach during the mid 90′s and since has:
- Founded a program at Tehiyah Day School which (beside going undefeated in only their second year) was catalytic to the school raising $5 million to build a gym/multi-purpose room
- Coached 5 years at Berkeley High where his JV Boy’s team was 24-0 and at the same time was the Lead Assistant as the YellowJackets won their only NCS championship in the last 30 years
- Coached the El Cerrito High Girl’s Varsity to a berth in the NCS playoffs in his first season
- Lead the CCJCC to GOLD, and Bronze Medals and the Foster City JCC to a Silver Medal in the Maccabi Games
- Has successfully coached SportStrong AAU teams to championships on numerous occasions
- Currently assists Monte Vista and Coach Bill Powers at all three levels
- Was appointed Head Coach in April of 2012 for the Maccabi USA Junior Boys. This team was selected from a nationwide pool of boys born in 1997, 1998 who traveled to Israel July, 2013 to compete vs. teams from Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, Great Britain, Israel, South Africa, Mexico.
- Was honored in December 2011 by the Jewish Sports Hall of Fame along with Quentin Kopp and two others for their contribution to Bay Area youth through the game.
Barry can be contacted via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.